Pinning a post to the top of the topic

In theory, yes that would be possible. But is it necessary? Do you have any sense of what @Stephen had in mind in his comment above when he said “the wiki is always the first post in the topic”? Did he and I just miscommunicate?

1 Like

It’s usual to make the OP the wiki post, though it does work on any post. But if you make eg. post 40 in a topic a wiki, it won’t change its place in the post order.

1 Like

@JammyDodger Thanks again. I think that clears up the issue for the future. Going forward, we’ll create a post right after the OP as a placeholder for a future wiki post that would contain any updates.

Unfortunately, that won’t help us for our past posts that need the same thing. Do you have a suggestion for how we could slip a post into an existing sequence in the #2 position?

1 Like

If there are only a few, and they don’t have reams of replies, you could consider moving all the replies to a new topic (using the topic wrench ‘select posts’), adding a new one below the OP, and then moving them back (plus a little clean-up of the small post actions). It would send out some notifications though, so may be quite ‘noisy’.

Though I feel like I’m missing something obvious. :slightly_smiling_face: Can anyone else think of a more elegant solution?

2 Likes

@JammyDodger Unfortunately, we have more than a few, and they have many replies. So I don’t think we’ll adopt that approach.

Does anyone have another solution for inserting a post in the #2 position into an existing sequence of posts?

2 Likes