Plugin: Discourse Sync with Discord, TeamSpeak³, and TeaSpeak (and maybe others)

A plugin called Discord Sync that can:

• Synchronises roles from Discord with groups on Discourse and vice versa
  • Synchronises groups from TeamSpeak3/TeaSpeak to Discourse and vice versa
  • Synchronises Roles and groups between Discord and TeamSpeak with Discourse and vice versa

Tip: One could enable/disable the whole plugin (would also affect the lower part)
Tip: In the admin dashboard one could choose one of the 3 ways above

In short; the ultimatum of a Role Sync Plugin for Discourse

If a plugin developer wants to go one better, the plugin could also:

• Synchronise mutes between Discord and Discourse
  • Synchronise mutes between TeamSpeak3/TeaSpeak and Discourse
  • Synchronise mutes between Discord and TeamSpeak3/TeaSpeak with Discourse
  • Synchronise bans between Discord and Discourse
  • Synchronise bans between TeamSpeak3/TeaSpeak and Discourse
  • Synchronise bans between Discord and TeamSpeak3/TeaSpeak with Discourse

Tip: One could enable/disable bans and/or mutes
Tip: In the admin dashboard, one could choose one of the 3 options mentioned above for mutes and bans
Tip: In the admin dashboard, one would have to configure a mute role for Discord and a mute group for TeamSpeak3/TeaSpeak, if one wants to use the mute sync.

Just tweaked the title so it is clear what you want to sync with!

I take it you’ve seen this:

It looks like it needs a maintainer - if this is of high value to you, that might be worth arranging!

No, the previous title was already correct! It’s not just limited to Discord! There is also talk of TeamSpeak³ and TeaSpeak! And here, too, the border does not have to be! Actually, one could sync every platform and web application with Discourse, as long as it has an API and a permission system with groups or roles

Ah - I missed that sorry (and hadn’t come across those platforms before). How’s the newly amended Title?

If anyone is interested:

So, on all @plugin_authors,

Who wants to take on this challenge?

I suspect you will need to provide a financial incentive so either consider doing this yourself or place an ad in marketplace. It looks to be at least a $2k job if not more.

I’m still holding on for your PR to Discord Bot :wink:

3 Likes

Why? Developers also write plug-ins and even make them open source! Why not this one too?

Discourse is also open source but the work that builds it is funded.

Unfunded passion projects definitely exist in this space too.

3 Likes

Well, Discourse also has the cloud version

1 Like

That’s not an also, it’s the very same thing. One of the amazing things about Discourse is you can self host the same code. :+1:

Please consider how the business models work in this space and who works on what, why, under what incentives and in what capacity.

4 Likes