Polls don't function when alternated between quotes

Hi, we use the poll or polls function quite a lot and this page has been really helpful.

We use the function with multiple posts in a single post mostly.

When editing we can make a lot of formation both on the posts and also in between the posts.
It looks nice in the editor but after saving it doesn’t work as intended.
If the polls are not directly after one another only the last one will work (No text or formation is allowed in between multiple polls).

If we first create the polls and save it, then edit and add text it works, until we reload the page.
So we guess the function somehow check if there´s another poll directly after and based on that makes the polls.

Is it by any chance an easy fix to allow extra text, pictures, quotes etc both in between polls and also within a single poll, we think of markdown commands etc and also creating tables and functions with additional info on the selected option (sort of read more).

Sure we could perhaps create a single post for each option but for us it would be better if it could be in the same post (triggers emails with info etc.).

Please let us know if this is an easy fix.

1 Like

Can you share example markdown code for a post containing polls that you are having trouble with? That way we can try to replicate it. As far as I understand it is entirely possible to have multiple polls in one post, with whatever markdown content you want within the post. You just have to be sure to use the poll_name parameter in all the polls:

2 Likes
Does this first poll render correctly?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Now I’ll write some stuff over here. Oh, an image!

Second poll, same as the first!
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

I think I can replicate:

poll1
  • Bread
  • Milk
  • Cheese

0 voters

poll2
  • Bread
  • Milk
  • Cheese

0 voters

poll3
  • Bread
  • Milk
  • Cheese

0 voters

3 Likes

Exactly, thx for creating the example above.
We also tried to make a nice and easy background by using > blockquote but that doesn´t seem to work either. They both use sort of the same function so perhaps that´s why it doesn´t work?

1 Like

I can get them to function with a:

Blockquote

Just as long as the first one is not preceded by a named quote:

Can you share example markdown code for a post containing polls that you are having trouble with? That way we can try to replicate it.

poll1
  • Bread
  • Milk
  • Cheese

0 voters

Can you share example markdown code for a post containing polls that you are having trouble with? That way we can try to replicate it.

poll2
  • Bread
  • Milk
  • Cheese

0 voters

poll3
  • Bread
  • Milk
  • Cheese

0 voters

It’s an interesting one. :thinking:

1 Like

Sorry, bad explanation from my side. We tried to use blockquote within a poll to easily create a background. I havn´t tried with BBCode yet, will do so when I get the time.

Otherwise strange indeed with the named quote since the other functions seems to work.

We did have some more issues, but I´m having a hard time to recall them right now.
Quotes create a nice “read more function” and usually we also have another discussion thread for each vote.

2 Likes

I think I have just tripped over this myself, but in a simpler repro. Let me see if I can replicate it again here:

Super awesome poll question
  • Count me in!

0 voters

After a bit of fiddling it seems a poll does not like to be bookended by quotes.