Post Action Buttons are hidden behind an "expansion" button

I wanted to bookmark my own post, but couldn’t because the button was not there.

Later I discovered that I had to press the ellipses () button to expand hidden post action buttons. It expanded to “bookmark” and “delete”.

How many buttons can there be that this would be necessary?

I see it here… it is behind the ellipsis, but it is there…

Yes, I just noticed that when I created this topic and the bookmark button was there. That made me go back to the other post where I wanted to do it and realize that it was hidden behind this ellipses button.

Edited the post to reflect that.

You have 100% control over this, you are wanting to remove bookmark from the following Admin > Setting
post menu hidden items

1 Like

If changing this requires you to be an admin of a board, I wouldn’t consider this 100% control. I am not an admin on that board, nor am I on this one.

With that said, I’d like to debate why this is the default configuration (and why the delete icon is not next to the edit icon). I have a total of 4 buttons on other’s posts (or on my topics) and 5 buttons on my posts, if expanded. 5 seems totally reasonable to me and I don’t see the necessity of hiding that one extra button and an additional one behind an ellipses button instead.
Is the number of buttons different for staffers?

The key, most important actions, in order, are:

1. like (glyph)
  2. link (glyph)
  3. flag (glyph)

and of course of those the very most important is

• reply (full word + glyph)

everything else is hidden behind an ellipsis to keep the UI uncluttered.

3 Likes