Pre-sales vBulletin Migration Question

Hello,

I’m considering presenting Discourse as an option to a client that has a thriving vBulletin community. I see there is a script to import from vb5 available. I don’t see a method to import private messages between users, but I’m writing to see if this is true or not.

If someone with some experience could advise that would be great.

Also, I understand that with a Business plan, the Discourse people will do migrations for you. This is lovely, although my client would not require the Business plan moving forward. Is it cheeky to purchase that plan, then downgrade in the following month?

Cheers,
Jason

As stated in https://payments.discourse.org/pricing:

With pre-payment of a year contract, we can migrate your data from other common forum software including phpBB, vBulletin, XenForo, Drupal, BuddyPress, Vanilla, etcetera.

You can contact us at team@discourse.org so we can take peek at your database and check if we can add this feature to the importer during your import.

3 Likes

Thank you, sir. Yes, I apologize, I saw that mentioned in the pricing guide after I posted. I was on my way to edit.

I’ll have a chat with the prospective client first and see if exploring this is an option for them budget-wise.

Thanks agian.

1 Like

I’ve added PMs to vbulletin and resolved a problem with images attached to, but not linked in, a post from being imported. I’m running a couple vbulletin imports now and hopefully will clean the script up and submit a PR in the next week or two.

My document about imports and pricing is here.

7 Likes