Primary Domains Auto-redirects to Sub-Domain (Digital Ocean Droplet)

I am in the process of setting up discourse on my new droplet, and for some reason the prime domain .example.com automatically redirects to the subdomain community.example.com

The primary domain is also not covered by the letsencrypt ssl certificate, while the sub-domain is.

Also, the ssl cert is only valid through 5/2020. How can this be extended? If there is any guides anyone can point me to that would explain a solution for the redirect, explain adding the same ssl for the prime domain, and how to substantially extend the validity of the ssl cert, I would be very grateful.

1 Like

Check your DNS file to make sure you don’t have a CNAME record that redirects example.com to community.example.com.

If you are using the official install guide with a Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate, it is set up to auto-renew.

As for installing an SSL certificate for the primary domain, here are some example guides:

5 Likes

If you want I have your apex (bare) domain point to www see forcewww.com.

Your https certificate is automatically renewed. You don’t need to worry about it. See letsencrypt.org for more info.

2 Likes