The problem seems to be widespread actually. Now I’m on tests-passed branch, and I ran both refresh and clean rake tasks, but no luck. The weird thing is that I’m also noticing the same issue with some users that have custom_uploads as well. The ones with custom uploads have optimized_images, but deleting them has no effect either.
I also noticed that the reference that discourse has for the file is not the same URL that I can get from the bucket itself. For example, this the link I get from S3 directly (using their UI):
But this is what I get from the Discourse’s database:
But that’s not the S3 endpoint I have set on my settings page (I have the default). I just changed my s3 endpoint to https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com but no luck either.
If you think having some Gravatar images might help, here’s a list of the one that I noticed the issue: