I am battling to figure out SSO, it seems like there are different ways that one can implement SSO, but whatever I do seems to break something.
This is my set up:
- Wordpress multisite (not blog farm, all subsites of main site)
- Discourse hosted plan
- Currently using plugin WP Multisite SSO to manage SSO to network
- Login from any of the sites (including subsites) logs in to the entire network
- Installed WP Discourse plugin.
What I am trying to achieve:
- Add discourse as a site on the network with the following implications,
- Log in from any of the sites also seamlessly logs in to discourse and viceversa
My questions are the following.
- Is my desired setup possible or are the SSO plugins clashing ( I could also use WP Multisite User Management)
- What do I enter on WP side and Discourse side, specifically do I enable ‘enable sso provider’ and what is my sso url - a) mysite.com/discourse/sso or b) discourse.mysite.com.
- If a) do I need to create a template and if so how (no template shows up currently)
Thanks in advance for any help.