ProCourse Memberships šŸ’ø

The ā€œDemo Setup Linkā€ in the OP is not working, @joebuhlig :disappointed:

Hey Christian,

Did you ever consider Patreon? Why did you end up going with Memberful? Iā€™m guessing you checked out other options?

Hey @jord8on. I chose Memberful because I felt it was the most transparent membership platform. Users never have to leave my site and it integrates sweet with Discourse. The financial reporting tools are also great, as is their live chat support.

Iā€™ve used Patreon on other projects and I donā€™t like all the hoops you have to jump through. Their T&Cs also suck. So, not a fan.

3 Likes

Hi @joebuhlig,

Iā€™ve integrated ProCourse Memberships plugin with Stripe Payment Gateway, my currency in INR. Iā€™ve forked the repo and added INR as an option. Iā€™m able to create level and everything works, except that the payment remains incomplete. i.e. 3D secure is not implemented and it doesnā€™t go to any verification step. It asks for card details and then goes to complete. Subscription is created but the payment doesnā€™t go through. What should I do to implement 3D secure verification?

Thanks,
Raj

My advice is to go with the new Discourse Subscriptions plugin

2 Likes

Yes, I too like discourse-subscriptions plugin, but discourse-subscriptions too got stuck at 3D secure authentication step. Is there any setting or configuration missing which I should enable to get it working if it already supports it? Iā€™m not sure if any of these plugins support 3DS flow? Iā€™m trying memberful but Iā€™m not liking that all my users will have to sign up / sign in through it and all my oauth login flow through facebook and google wonā€™t work any more.

2 Likes

Need help with this plugin - PayPal is not working. I filled in all necessary info but it is not working.
Open a link to membership purchase:

Login as a test user and get this screen:

If I set a recurring payment I see a button Subscribe, but after clicking it I get an error:

Does anybody have such a problem? Can you advise smth? What to check/to do?

I can use only PayPal integration. Here is what I did.

1. Installed the plugin by the instruction.
  2. Chose ā€œmemberships gatewayā€ as Paypal.
  3. Memberships currency is USD (but my currency in paypal accont is another, not listed in the options)
  4. memberships paypal api id - filled
  5. memberships paypal api secret - filled

I tried to use SANDBOX API CREDENTIALS and didnā€™t make the plugin going LIVE.
Then tried another LIVE API - not working also.

Does anybody have this plugin working correctly with PayPal?

Last time I checked, the plugin was broken with Stripe also.

I think it isnā€™t maintained anymore. Is there anyway you could use Stripe ?

I recommend using Subscriptions now

Well, Stripe isnā€™t working in my country.
PayPal is the only choice.
I know that I can install Wordpress+some WP plugin that will control memberships, but I really donā€™t want to do this extra staff.

2 Likes

Is this plugin broken now? What a pityā€¦ The Discourse subscription plugin is good but, it doesnā€™t support Paypal

1 Like

The source is still available. You can fix it sor pay someone else to do so. I would imagine that a PR would be accepted.

1 Like

Although it would be more benificial to (pay someone to) add Paypal to the subscriptions plugin then.

2 Likes

True enough, though earlier discussion suggests thatā€™s not on the roadmap. I donā€™t remember discussion about whether it would be pr welcome.

Thanks you two! So I would consider fixing it in the farrrrr future, since Iā€™m still totally a newbie to programming, and Discourse. :smiling_face_with_tear:

By the way, I love the ambiance here and this superb forum software!

4 Likes

Hope this feature can be fixed, or maybe has been already?

Stripe does only work in 46 countries today but is far more sophisticated than pay pal.

This plugin wonā€™t be fixed. See Discourse Subscriptions.