Published or dismissed drafts seem to re-appear randomly

I understand that currently discourse can only handle one unpublished draft and that this draft is shared across devices, right? It works fine and I love it, but every now and then, when I start a new reply to a topic, the editor contains an old draft of some previous reply which I either dismissed or which I already published (possibly from another device). So it looks like drafts are also stored locally but not deleted under certain circumstances such as when the draft is published from another device.

1 Like

One draft new topic, but one draft reply for every topic.

6 Likes

Earlier this week, I started a reply in one topic, then navigated to another topic and posted it there. When I returned to the first topic (on a different device), my “draft” post was still there. That sounds like what Christoph is describing.

Is there a specific repro?

Not sure. I’ve only had it happen once, and attempting to reproduce it now on try, I’m not seeing it.

2 Likes

I think I fixed this recently.

We used to have a “createtopic” draft key “reply as new topic” draft key and “new topic” draft key.

This caused all sorts of confusion. Stuff is normalized now.

4 Likes

So what do we have now? Just a normal draft key?

We have:

1. Unique key for “new topics”
  2. Unique key for “new message”
  3. Unique key per “topic” (covers: reply as new topic, reply as PM, edit post, reply to topic)
6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.