Quotes are broken in the "About Me" section of your profile

See below. (Sorry for the profanity in the second quote, but there are some things people have said that I find so hilariously incorrect that I find them worth holding onto).

Image Example: WARNING - INCLUDES PROFANITY (see my profile on this site for a censored version!)

Note how quotes do not appear correctly formatted in the “About Me” section of your profile. Again, if you avoided that image for my warning of profanity, check my user profile on this site - I used the same quotes but censored them.

1 Like

I’m not sure if quotes are supported there, I’m sure someone can confirm either way.

If they are it looks to be a very simple CSS fix.

That said, please test things on try.discourse.org, those users don’t exist here on meta - there’s no point referring to or shaming them on a community where they aren’t present. You could have used generic quotes completely unrelated to whatever is happening on the other site.

1 Like

It was easier to copy-paste them to be honest, and I was in a rush to get out the door. I’ve never heard of this test-site before - how exactly would it help with my report? Thanks for letting me know about it though. :slight_smile:

Also, sorry if the implication was I’m shaming them - I’ve talked with both of these users about said quotes after the fact, and there is no bad blood between us. :+1:

Looks like there was just some old CSS in there. I removed it, so this should be fixed the next time the site is updated. Thanks for reporting @orangeandblack5!

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/cee1f5b2c1d9ec48dad500632ac63a4598766ce8

6 Likes