Real names not showing up in email notifications

Real names are not showing up in email notifications. Instead it shows the username of the user who wrote the post. This seems to be a bug since elsewhere in discourse it displays the real name when that feature is turned on in admin.

3 Likes

Probably an oversight. I agree that if full name display is on, that should affect email notifications too.

I am not sure how I feel about this, but I don’t feel its a bug, more a feature request.

If we did this, do we also include title? We would need to be super careful with styling.

I would expect it to look “just like” it looks on the web site, or at least as much as possible, so people easily can identify the writer of the reply/topic.

3 Likes

Agreed, a shared function that renders out identically in the html email as it does on the site itself.

Is this has been updated?

I’m pleased to join you in this topic resurrection, to confirm that email notifications show username and real name (my forum has prioritize username in ux unticked – don’t know whether that makes a difference).

Edit: the email looks like this: Prioritizing full name vs username in the UX - #11 by techAPJ

1 Like