Rebuild app complains about diskspace (AWS)

Been trying to walk through the INSTALL-cloud.md documentation on an AWS ec2 instance. I’ve virtual linked /var/discourse to a drive with 33GB available but when I execute the ./launcher rebuild app command, I get the following error:

You have less than 5GB of free space on the disk. You will need more space to continue

Not sure how to proceed. ‘cleaning’ docker images (this is the only image on the host) does not resolve the issue and there are 33GB available on the disk.

We are testing for space on Docker folder (defaults to /var/docker/aufs/) which is where Docker images live and where having not enough space will fail a rebuild in the middle.

You can find the correct folder that need more space with:

docker info --format '{{.DockerRootDir}}'

1 Like

Thank you! That did the trick. I was able to redirect the directory to the proper drive.

1 Like

Ooh! Can we add this to ./launcher? It seems like someone posts about this three times a week.

Actually this comes from launcher. It checks this folder disk space and alarms the user.

You mean changing the message from:

You have less than 5GB of free space on the disk

to

You have less than 5GB of free space on the disk where /var/docker is located

?

3 Likes

That’s what I was saying. It seems to have somehow solved the OP’s problem. But now that I see it here, it seems rather silly.

definitely change that please, much better clearer error!

5 Likes

Go one even betterer: put the output of df -h /var/lib/docker in there, so people can see the filesystem, mount point, and free space, all in one neat little package.

6 Likes