Rebuild appears to work, but site is not loading properly

How do I properly troubleshoot it?

It looks like I might have an issue with letsencrypt not being able to renew the certificate.

When running .launcher logs app the logs mention checking /shared/letsencrypt, but that directory doesn’t exist. I do have /shared/standalone/letsencrypt.

Is it possible an upgrade changed the directory structure at some point and something isn’t pointing to the correct path now?

Is this template incorrect?

LETSENCRYPT_DIR: "/shared/letsencrypt"
  DISCOURSE_FORCE_HTTPS: true

hooks:
  after_ssl:
    - exec:
       cmd:
         - if [ -z "$LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL" ]; then echo "LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL ENV variable is required and has not been set."; exit 1; fi
         - /bin/bash -c "if [[ ! \"$LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL\" =~ ([^@]+)@([^\.]+) ]]; then echo \"LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL is not a valid email address\"; exit 1; fi"

- exec:
       cmd:
         - cd /root && git clone --branch 3.0.6 --depth 1 https://github.com/acmesh-official/acme.sh.git && cd /root/acme.sh
         - touch /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root
         - install -d -m 0755 -g root -o root $LETSENCRYPT_DIR
         - cd /root/acme.sh && LE_WORKING_DIR="${LETSENCRYPT_DIR}" ./acme.sh --install --log "${LETSENCRYPT_DIR}/acme.sh.log"
         - cd /root/acme.sh && LE_WORKING_DIR="${LETSENCRYPT_DIR}" ./acme.sh --upgrade --auto-upgrade
         - cd /root/acme.sh && LE_WORKING_DIR="${LETSENCRYPT_DIR}" ./acme.sh --set-default-ca  --server  letsencrypt

- file:
       path: "/etc/nginx/letsencrypt.conf"
       contents: |
        user www-data;
        worker_processes auto;
        daemon on;

events {
          worker_connections 768;
          # multi_accept on;

It looks like you did something to make it so that it failed to renew the cert and now you’re rate limited. Someone recently did this by blocking port 80.

A work-around is to request a cert for an additional hostname as described in Set up Let’s Encrypt with multiple domains / redirects

3 Likes

I believe that path would exist within the container, not on your main machine.

2 Likes