Rebuild failed S3 rake aborted

Ok so my discourse has been running fine and I was on the latest version when someone told me that the JS-> Ember got added, so I need to rebuild.

http://forum.duelistsunite.org/NjA5ZGZhNjY4NzkxZTI3.txt

No changes were made. I simply did a rebuild. The app.yml has no changes. No additions to plugins.

That’s my discourse-doctor log.

2 Likes

this was recently merged

@CvX @martin

2 Likes

Thank you for reporting this! I opened a PR with a fix: FIX: Don't fail if `s3_install_cors_rule` is off by CvX · Pull Request #14865 · discourse/discourse · GitHub

4 Likes

Thank you, please let me know when it is merged and I can try to rebuild.

1 Like

Just waiting on Martin to review the PR.

Apologies, I’ve merged the PR now.

3 Likes

I’ve ran a rebuild but it still fails:

2 Likes

Any advice or updates on this would be appreciated.

1 Like

The error suggests that rake tasks cannot return so I think the merged fix referenced earlier is incorrect. I don’t have an environment set up to do any testing or create a pull request but I think using the following instead would fix this. (cc @martin)

Replacing lines 180 to 187:

if !result
    puts "Skipping"
  else
    puts "Assets rules status: #{result[:assets_rules_status]}."
    puts "Backup rules status: #{result[:backup_rules_status]}."
    puts "Direct upload rules status: #{result[:direct_upload_rules_status]}."
  end
2 Likes

My bad! Fixed this (and other rake tasks) in FIX: `LocalJumpError` in rake tasks by CvX · Pull Request #14874 · discourse/discourse · GitHub

3 Likes

I’m afraid no dice yet. This is after the above merge.

1 Like

Note that rebuilding right now (at time of writing) will still fail if you’re on tests-passed as the tests haven’t completed yet. If you look at the commit page, you’ll see an orange dot to the left of the title indicating that the tests are still in progress:

When that changes to a green tick or (more likely) a red cross, the tests are complete. Then you can rebuild. (An experimental test will probably fail, hence the red cross, but that doesn’t affect tests-passed.)

Edit: Looking at the tests-passed branch as @CvX suggests is more useful. Looks like it’s good to go now.

3 Likes

It hasn’t made it yet to the tests-passed branch: GitHub - discourse/discourse at tests-passed

4 Likes

Happy to report that it works!

7 Likes