Rebuild failed with error

My forum works well for a while , and trying to upgrade from the current version 2.8.0.beta7, it showns error of

I, [2022-05-17T07:29:17.860652 #1]  INFO -- : > cd /var/www/discourse && su discourse -c 'bundle exec rake db:migrate'
bundler: failed to load command: rake (/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.7.0/bin/rake)
/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:309:in `check_for_activated_spec!': You have already activated uri 0.10.0, but your Gemfile requires uri 0.11.0. Since uri is a default gem, you can either remove your dependency on it or try updating to a newer version of bundler that supports uri as a default gem. (Gem::LoadError)
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:25:in `block in setup'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/spec_set.rb:136:in `each'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/spec_set.rb:136:in `each'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:24:in `map'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:24:in `setup'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler.rb:151:in `setup'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/setup.rb:20:in `block in <top (required)>'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/ui/shell.rb:136:in `with_level'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/ui/shell.rb:88:in `silence'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/setup.rb:20:in `<top (required)>'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/cli/exec.rb:56:in `require_relative'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/cli/exec.rb:56:in `kernel_load'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/cli/exec.rb:23:in `run'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/cli.rb:483:in `exec'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor/command.rb:27:in `run'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor/invocation.rb:127:in `invoke_command'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor.rb:392:in `dispatch'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/cli.rb:31:in `dispatch'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/vendor/thor/lib/thor/base.rb:485:in `start'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/cli.rb:25:in `start'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/exe/bundle:48:in `block in <top (required)>'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/lib/bundler/friendly_errors.rb:103:in `with_friendly_errors'
        from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/2.7.0/gems/bundler-2.3.13/exe/bundle:36:in `<top (required)>'
        from /usr/local/bin/bundle:23:in `load'
        from /usr/local/bin/bundle:23:in `<main>'
I, [2022-05-17T07:29:18.139287 #1]  INFO -- :

I don’t know why the dependency gem is inconsistent.

This is what I did:

1. login to server and do github pull
  2. do ./launcher rebuild app
    2.1 there is no other plugin except the docker-manager
  3. I tried a few times, and also ./discourse-docter, but shown the same error.
  4. I have a container data that stored the data.

Please help as the site is offline :frowning:

Try rebuilding the data container and then the web container.

thanks for reply.

I tried rebuild the data container, but still same error.

You might see if

./launcher start app

Will restart the forum

Sorry that won’t work as there is no app container.

However I changed the version from tests-passed to stable, then I’m able to install all gems. The forum is back online again. Not sure what’s the difference, and why is this.

1 Like

Then you should have used the name of your container.

./launcher start web_only

But your solution worked!

sorry what i mean is I set the yml file to data.yml, so it could be

./launcher start data

However during the building that had error, docker container was not able to be built. So I don’t think it’s possible to be started by above cli.

Anyway if anyone see something similar, or find the solution, please share it here.

thanks.

Please share your app.yml plugin list. You have a plugin that conflicts with latest Discourse.

1 Like

But you didn’t try? You can usually re-start the old/existing container if a rebuild fails.

This is hard to make sense of.

It seems clear that it’s a plugin issue, but he also said.

But since

So, it seems that he’s back online.

2 Likes

You are right, ./launcher start app will start the old container.

hooks:
  after_code:
    - exec:
        cd: $home/plugins
        cmd:
          - git clone https://github.com/discourse/docker_manager.git

This is the only plugin I have.

I tried again, with only this plugin, I can confirm if I change the version to tests-passed, it will fail with the error above. But if i change to stable, it works well.

Actually when I put more plugins with version stable, I’m still able to build the app. So don’t think it’s really the plugins issue in my case.