Redirect to Discourse page after logging in to Wordpress as SSO Provider (via WooCommerce)

Continuing a discussion with @Simon_Cossar from: Get Discourse to recognize accounts verified in Wordpress (and WooCommerce) for SSO:

Here’s some info about our setup:

• We are using the WP Discourse plugin for my Wordpress site
  • We are using Wordpress as the SSO Provider
  • We DO NOT use the default wp-login.php for users to login or register
  • We DO NOT use a dedicated membership plugin, like Memberful
  • We DO use WooCommerce as our login provider, which also manages users and provisions new users in Wordpress, after new accounts are created
  • WooCommerce uses /my-account for Registration/Login (e.g. https://pickleballist.com/my-account)
  • Using the tip provided in the link above - when a Verified WP User, who is logged in to WP, clicks the “Login” button on Discourse, they are automatically logged in to Discourse :+1:

The challenge we are facing is that users are never redirected to Discourse. Here’s what we’d like to see:

User is on Wordpress: If a user clicks Register/Login, we would want them to see the WP login/reg modal, use it, and after logging in, be redirected to the Wordpress /my-account page. This is what currently is happening.

User is on Discourse: If a user clicks the “Login” or a “Reply” button on one of the threads, we would want them to see the WP login/reg modal, use it, and after logging in, be redirected back to the place where they left Discourse.

I’ve reviewed some other threads but can’t seem to find a solution that works for us. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like