Regression on "Could not find module ‘handlebars’ imported from ‘discourse-common/lib/raw-handlebars’"?

version: v2.9.0.beta4
commit: b266a36967533105215e6848e475c69cb9e36e3e
EMBER_CLI_PROD_ASSETS not set in web.only (also tried with EMBER_CLI_PROD_ASSETS: 1)

Hi Team,

While playing a bit with the latest version, I came across this issue that was mentioned in Could not find module ‘handlebars’ imported from ‘discourse-common/lib/raw-handlebars’ - support - Discourse Meta and in Broken instance after updating to 2.9.0.beta2 - support - Discourse Meta. See console below:

Is there any known regression from v2.9.0.beta2 to v2.9.0.beta4 on this sense? If not, I’m wondering whether there is a way to make some checks to make some validations?

Cheers,
Ismael

I replied to myself. Apparently, the dist/ folder generated when compiling assets (i.e., /var/www/discourse/app/assets/javascripts/discourse/dist) is now used in recent versions (while it was not the case in previous versions for some reason)

Cheers,
Ismael

I am assuming here you have a non-default / docker setup right?

If so, highly recommend you track very closely the changes on discourse_docker repo. A lot has changed to enable ember cli.

2 Likes

Indeed, using a non-default setup and keep tracking on both discourse_docker and discourse itself, challenging :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Many thanks for the hint though.
Ismael

1 Like