Remove about page

Hi,

Is there any way to remove the about page or at least control the information that is in it?
Like not displaying some administrators.

4 Likes

You can use CSS like this. Put the username where it says “Bob”.

.about-page div[data-username="Bob"] {
    display: none !important;
}
2 Likes

Well, this is hiding an element, but it is still in the DOM.

2 Likes

You can try using js scripts to block

2 Likes

To remove it from the DOM completely you’d have to override the about page template in a theme… there’s some detail about how to do that here: Overriding Discourse templates from a Theme or Plugin

The default template is this one: discourse/about.hbs at 9e440dca332c0e2879a1a6a4ee49347aba33d1ef · discourse/discourse · GitHub

And to override you’d want to copy the contents of the above file, add them to {theme}/javascripts/discourse/templates/about.hbs, and modify as you see fit. You could remove all admins by simply removing this block…

{{#if this.model.admins}}
  <section class="about admins">
    <h3>{{d-icon "users"}} {{i18n "about.our_admins"}}</h3>

<AboutPageUsers @users={{this.model.admins}} />
    <div class="clearfix"></div>
  </section>
{{/if}}

If you wanted to remove only some admins you’d probably need to override the route to add your own filter (the default route is here: discourse/about.js at 098ab29d4150a5a39880d59ef6cad5f6795a18fd · discourse/discourse · GitHub)

4 Likes

Maybe I’ve not drilled deep enough, but I haven’t found a setting to completely hide the “About” page for all users (or at least to all users but Admins).

Am I missing something?

No, you’re not missing anything. There is currently no setting for this. There is a feature request to add one, which you have already commented on:

3 Likes

Thank you!