Remove password security length

Might you know how I can go about removing the password length? I wanted to make it “1” or maybe even “4”.

I think it’s silly to have an option to customize length, but still enforce a minimum required password length and total number. I’m not in the business or practice of worrying about someone else’s password and if a rando wants to register with the password “password” than so be it. In the year 2022, if someone isn’t using a password manager… they are fair game.

it’s your forum/site reputation that will go down the drain when you accounts gets “hacked”

If an Admin accounts gets hacked, its serious issues

1 Like

Any idea how to remove it or tweak it?

Yea, true, but I’m not worried about that… it’s no concern to me because there is only one admin on the entire site.

I’m not in the business or practice of worrying about someone else’s security or password and if a random user wants to register with the password “password” than so be it. In the year 2022, if someone isn’t using a password manager… they are fair game.

unfortunately it is coded in and you would need to change the code to make it valid.

1 Like

You would need a plugin.

Discourse is designed to keep people from making really bad decisions.

5 Likes