Render %{invitee_name} as full name only

I was about to create a #bug topic about this issue, but I’ll jump on this one and +1 it

‘Invitee’ definitely denotes the person who has been invited. The person who is doing the inviting should be the inviter/invitor. single word requests - Person who invites: "Inviter" or "Invitor" - English Language & Usage Stack Exchange.

It’s particularly confusing when editing the email templates for Invites - I thought %{invitee_name} would put in the name of the person I was inviting so I changed the sentences to reflect this, only for the invites to make no sense at all because %{invitee_name} actually inserted the username of the person who created the invite.

I would support the OP in this topic who suggested the use of full name if it is available, as opposed to username, which can occasionally be a username that is opaque to the new user.

But we do need to change %{invitee_name} to %{inviter_name} because it’s maddeningly confusing, and inaccurate. I might actually be able to do this, so if you’d be interested in a PR I will have a go.

9 Likes