Replace word not including wildcard

Trying out the new replace word/phrase functionality but am unclear how the wildcard works in the case below.

I wanted to replace server log with a url to info on how to get logs. It nicely leaves the word and creates a link. So I tried to use server log* to also cover server logs but the link created does not include the wildcard. Not a huge deal just a bit weird looking. is there a way to make it include the S. Image of what I mean

word_replace

5 Likes

Oh this sounds like a bug to me. The * should capture and be included in the link. We will get it sorted.

4 Likes

The wildcard character makes the use of regular expression necessary when matching, no matter what the value of watched_words_regular_expression is. This is because * is converted to \S*. I fixed the problem in:

4 Likes

Not sure if this was pushed to production but I edited ours to include the * again and now all of ours that have the wildcard will not create the link but the ones without the wildcard it will

replaceword

Test_word_replace

2 Likes

I think you are behind on deploys, I just kicked off a deploy, can you try again in 5 minutes?

3 Likes

Awesome. Working now :slight_smile: Y’all rock. Thanks @sam and @nbianca

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 32 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.