Reply emails - expand or remove summary

Hi all,

I’m playing around with opening our internal discourse to additional users with topics started by, and replied to by email by staged users. We’re using this to communicate with people outside our organisation who may be involved in a particular project - not enough to warrant their own group with category restrictions.

All going well so far.

One thing that I’m struggling with is the “click for more details” for summaries in emails
Is there a way to either expand these by default, or remove them completely please? Have had a look at some templates, but can’t see a way.

If it’s not possible, we can work around it, but would prefer not to give staged users this option at the moment.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

From what I’ve seen the “click for more details” link appears in emails when the post was created with a “Summary”, through the “Hide Details” option.

The “Hide Details” option is used to include hidden messages in your posts, so it makes senses it is also hidden in emails through the “click for more details” link.

You could stop using the “Hide Details” options altogether or you could disable the feature globally from your site’s settings:

Screenshot_2021-04-17 Admin - Constanza's Discourse(6)

2 Likes

Thanks, @cocococosti, that seems to work!

We generally don’t use it much in posts, but when someone emails in, the email signature is turned into one of these blocks (which was the issue).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.