Reply Mailinglist

Hi,
i try using mailing list and mail reply. I have a selfhosted Discourse container. All work well. Emails are received and send. Mails from new Topics are send and received. But if i answer to an email and topic i got:

** bad_destination_address: none of the email addresses in the To, Cc and Bcc fields matched a configured incoming email address.*

I tested with different mailsystems. If i use the same host, thunderbird or roundcube shows me the correct recipient address from the forum. But if i reply from gmx it shows me replies+123yxc234. Thats seems to be configured in discourse: replies+%{reply_key}@mydomain.tld. But this mailaddress didnt exists. How can i handle this?
thx

The easiest way is to Configure direct-delivery incoming email for self-hosted sites

1 Like

Hi Jay,
and thanks for your reply. I have a 2 stage server. One container for prod system and one for testing. I have nginx in front of both. I am not sure how to control the new mailing container for each instance. What would the way via pop3 and my normal mailserver?

1 Like

Does your mail server accept sub adressing for your replies@mydomain.tld inbox?

1 Like

Hi Thomas,
yes Sub-Addressing is possible. I tested it with bob+forum@mydomain.tld and the mail is received.
Whats next? Do i have to change the configurationt to something like bob+%{reply_key}@mydomain.tld?
thx

1 Like

Whatever you configure as your reply address, it has to reach the mailbox your server is polling for incoming messages.
replies+something@mydomain.tld should all be forwarded to this address.

1 Like