Resetting or Destroying Single Sign On Records

We have recently transitioned our main website from an old Django backed website to a new WordPress based website. We have migrated users, and are trying to switch the SSO provider from our old platform to our new one. Is there a fast/easy way to delete old single sign on records so that the new WordPress platform can re-sync users with their existing Discourse accounts?

(Felix Freiberger) #2

There is a method called SingleSignOnRecord.destroy_all. I’m pretty sure that running it inside a rails console (/var/discourse/launcher enter app, rails c) will either do what you want… or hose your site.

If you’re adventurous, take a backup and try it, or wait for someone with more knowledge of this system to answer :wink:

(Simon Cossar) #3

For reference, this topic relates to this WP Discourse GitHub issue: Matching existing Discourse user accounts · Issue #279 · discourse/wp-discourse · GitHub.

I’ve tried out @fefrei’s approach in my development environment (with 10 users) and it worked there without any problems.

Thanks @fefrei and @Simon_Cossar – I can verify that it did work, and did not hose the site at all.

(Felix Freiberger) #5

This sounds fishy – “It did not completely hose the site even a little bit!” :laughing:

Thanks for reporting back! :slight_smile: