Restoring Backup, 'Email Protected' and can't receive emails

So I created a backup of Discourse on my old VPS (I’ve now done a fresh reinstall). I tried running discourse enable_restore and discourse restore [file] as recommended here, however I keep receiving back discourse: command not found.

So instead, I planned to do an install, register and restore Discourse via the admin panel. I did an install following these instructions. All went well. The next issue was that when registering, the email is provided is protected because apparently I don’t have JavaScript enabled? I can confirm that I do, however.

My final issue is that I don’t actually receive the registration email and it isn’t in my spam. It should work since I’ve tested it with https://www.gmass.co/smtp-test:

Here are my SMTP settings:

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Looks like Cloudflare is interfering with your Discourse. I suggest you disable the Cloudflare proxy for your domain (grey cloud icon instead of orange on Cloudflare) or at least disable the protections which are causing the issues.

2 Likes

Hi, the grey cloud is already on for my main domain and mail subdomain.

1 Like

And for the email issue: After restoring a backup outgoing emails are disabled. You need to change the disable_emails site setting. You can do the same from the rails console if you can’t login because your account isn’t active.

cd /var/discourse
./launcher enter app
rails c

SiteSetting.disable_emails = "no"

I already did this step.

Is the gray cloud on for your Discourse subdomain?

I don’t have a subdomain for Discourse, it’s just my main domain so yeah.