Retort - a reaction-style plugin for Discourse

With huge thanks :pray: to the sponsorship of @Hifihedgehog and the community of:

This has been brought back into compatibility and is no longer broken with 3.2.

NB: as per The Team and Sam, it is intended that the Reactions plugin will take on the additional features of this plugin (mainly the ability for multiple reactions) at some point in the future and hopefully (not yet confirmed) this will include provision of a migration tool.

5 Likes

Seem like there might be an issue :sweat_smile: - Iā€™m going to take a look.

3 Likes

Fix has been merged:

8 Likes

For those who are interested, this fork maintained by SJTU Shuiyuan community staff also works: (:warning: also installing this version will destroy your data used in the primary repo :warning:, see @merefieldā€™s post below)

Why was there no PR?

Also I might point out though, on this fork, there are no:

• Front end tests
  • Working back-end tests
  • GitHub workflow
  • Modern linting configs

Which are now implemented on the primary repo :+1:

:warning: Also installing this version will destroy your data used in the primary repo :warning:

I see no warning of this in the README.

So I cannot recommend people even try that fork unless on a fresh instance with no history or you intend to rely on the author to maintain things in the future ā€¦

2 Likes

Maybe they are students, who are not fully open source enthusiast, or just lazy? :sweat_smile:

hmmm ā€¦ no doubt some significant effort has been put into it, but not actively communicating and sharing this work with the community is not ideal because it leads to some level of duplication and in this case it destroys the data used in the primary repo! That alone should have been a really good reason to PR so the approach could have been reviewed and harmonised across the forks. Now these forks are incompatible and if you install this one, there is no going back! :man_facepalming:

8 Likes