RGSoC 2016: Visual Forum Analytics Community Discussion

Yay for visualised stats! :rainbow:

Some parts of this old request might be defunkt now that we’ve got a a first take on visualised stats, but I think many features mentioned there could be a major improvement to what we already have.

Also every metric mentioned here would be great to have visualised:

I just haven’t given much thought yet to the visualisation aspect of these stats. You’re very welcome to drop by that topic and suggest some graph types that you’d think work well for these assorted metrics.

Lastly, does the scope of your project cover adding a new top level /admin/stats page to the backend?

If so then we should eventually have a discussion about the overall design of this “stats index page” as well.

That’s a fair request, and do correct me if I’m wrong @eviltrout, but I think public visualisation of stats is outside the scope of this project. At least, I for one would prefer it if the focus was on figuring out as many cool visualisations of Discourse data as possible. Get the visualisations working and in front of admins, and we can worry about the “how” and “what” of publicly available statistics later.

3 Likes