Right Sidebar Blocks

HI @pmusaraj
Thank you for this component , it’s really interesting , however i got this error when I tried to install it can you help please

discourse versio : 2.8.9
thaks again

Try updating your site.

I’m not sure if this component is compatible with the Stable branch?

Thanks for share your plugin! It’s a must for us.

What could be the simple way to hide the sidebar on mobile? I tried on CSS without luck.

This component does not show anything on mobile.

1 Like

Thank you for this theme component! Unfortunately, it’s not working on my end.
When installing the theme component, I got a series of “Translation YAML invalid” errors.

Is there a way to resolve or override this in the Admin UI?
TIA!

Hi! I’m also getting this error when installing the component. Did updating your site resolve the error? TIA!

Hi @pmusaraj,

I am also running Discourse ver. 2.8.9 and getting the “Translation YAML invalid” error when installing the theme. Can you confirm if the issue is with the Discourse version?

Hi @salbertelli :slightly_smiling_face:

This theme component isn’t compatible with the Stable branch. You would need to change to the tests-passed version, or hang on until the next Stable release early in the new year. :+1:

3 Likes

Great component here!

I would like to make the right sidebar stay at 320 px and collapse the sidebar at a wider width than it does right now. What css would I use to do this?

I have tried a bit but I am struggling to get it to work correctly.

That’s great news! Thank you so much for the confirmation and for providing the eta of the next stable release.

1 Like

Hi @JammyDodger,
Happy New Year!

There’s been a recent bump in the Stable release to 2.8.14. Is this the next Stable release version you meant would be compatible with the Right Sidebar Blocks?

TIA

Sheila

2 Likes

No, this component will only be compatible with the next major version bump to stable, so stable 3.0.0 and higher. (The good news is that that bump is coming very shortly, most likely in a matter of days.)

4 Likes

It has arrived! :tada: :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That is wonderful news!! Thank you so much for that update!!!

Wonderful!!! Thank you, @JammyDodger for the news !!!

1 Like

Is there a way to put the sidebar on the Left for RTL websites?
A right sidebar with a vertical menu also on the right isn’t great, the main body ends up being too far to the left.

1 Like

I haven’t tried it, but flipping the placement of the main column and the sidebar should be doable in your theme with just CSS. Can you give that a try? At the moment, there are no plans to add RTL-specific support to this component.

2 Likes

I’m not very familiar with CSS, do you have something I can start with?

No, sorry, I don’t have anything ready-made.