Discourse Popular Tag Sidebar

This theme component displays a category’s most popular tags in a sticky sidebar on screens wider than 767px (most tablets and desktop devices).

:warning: You must enable the show filter by tag setting on your site for this theme component to work.

:hammer_and_wrench: Github repo: https://github.com/awesomerobot/discourse-popular-tag-sidebar

:thinking: How do I install a Theme or Theme Component?

What can I do with this theme component?

• Display 3-30 Popular tags in a sidebar for each category

• Set the sidebar side to left or right

• Prevent the sidebar from appearing in certain categories

• Change the “Popular tags” header text

Custom CSS

Each sidebar is wrapped with a class that contains the category name, so for the UX category that would be .ux-sidebar. You can use these classes to style individual sidebars.

The html tag on pages with sidebars also has a class added so you can use html.custom-sidebar to apply styles on all pages that have a sidebar.

25 Likes

this would make an incredibly powerful navigation tool if it showed the most common in each category and tag-page and it was positioned in a banner, or other item at the top of the page.

Very nice work.

I can see the sidebar only on the page of first category in the list of categories.

How do I enable it for all categories?

The tags sidebar that appear on the parent category include both parent category tags and child category tags. To enable it for all categories and subcategories you need to change the code here discourse-popular-tag-sidebar/header.html at master · awesomerobot/discourse-popular-tag-sidebar · GitHub.

1 Like

Right now, it shows only for the first category on categories page

So, which part of code i need to edit and how can i get it for all page.

Please help with details. Sorry and thanks

Can you help with that change? I do not understand the coding that much. Please help

It appears only on first category in category list. Not in any other one. Please help

1 Like