I had to move an abandoned Discourse forum. Luckily, we had multiple admins, so it was possible to do and download a backup. We used a S3 bucked for our assets, which was kind of a problem. I’ll make a feature request at this point:
Make it possible to include S3 assets into backups
I found out (not sure if it was before or after rebaking the posts), that S3 asset URLs got rewritten to internal ones. So I extracted all
optimized S3 URLs out of the database file and downloaded them (kind of) manually. After moving them to the right place, all missing images got displayed. … It would be great to have an automatic feature for that.
So far, I encountered three bugs:
- Broken preview images, working enlarged images
- Old Forum: ASUS USB-AC56, wiring, antennas, etc - How To - OpenHD
- New Forum: ASUS USB-AC56, wiring, antennas, etc - How To - OpenHD
- Working preview images, no mouse over for enlarging images
- /t/microlongrange-openhd-edition/379 … I can only do 2 links on my first post
- Gravatars are broken (maybe unrelated):
I found no problems on new posts.
Thanks for this great project,