This is a proposal and open discussion about this feature.
The use case is discussion on topics that are lasting over a long amount of time and would benefit from a segmentation in time periods rather than the truncate of topics over a certain number of replies.
- Deals of the week
- What you watched this month
- War in Ukraine - Monthly discussion
- Bi-weekly “what have you been working on”?
A working example can be seen on Tildes
Features in order of development priority IMHO:
- Allow admin to determine who have access to the feature
- Allow authorized users to create recurring topics
- Users specify title and category/tags
- System optionally add “issue number”, date range (e.g. week 23, December, 1 - 7 January). This would work definitely better with a format and variables rather than preset values
- When the new topic goes up, the previous is locked and the system link the new one
- Allow for editing of the schedule/titles for follow up topics (not already created I’d say)