Screen jumps around on mobile with adplugin when >2 nth post ads are shown

I’m having an issue that I can reliably reproduce on the latest iOS on an iPhone 6 and an iPhone XR. I’ve narrowed it down to the adplugin by testing in safe mode. It does not reproduce on a desktop emulator, like Safari> User agent > iPhone.

v2.3.0.beta3 +20

When two or more dfp nth post code ads are displayed the screen will jump around:

In the case above, dfp nth post code is set to 7.

Scrolling to the very bottom will make the screen jump and the Suggested Topics heading will be centered on the screen moving the Want to read more… text down after approximately 1 second.

(Neil Lalonde) #2

It looks like the content moves up. Is it because the ad unit is being collapsed? For example, the ad unit started out as 300x250 (your “dfp mobile post bottom ad size” setting), but was resized to something smaller (DFP loaded smaller creative)?

It’s hard to get anything out of that video since it doesn’t show the ad unit.

The ads are not collapsed, and it reproduces even when all of them are ads that were sold directly - at 600x500 (@2x) and displayed at 300x250 - known sizes.

I realize it’s hard to figure out what’s happening from the screen recording because you can’t exactly see what is me scrolling and what is the jump.

Here is an example that shows what happens when an ad is in view, and how the screen jumps when the ad is scrolled out of view:

(Kul) #8

I’ve this exact experience and I’ve not been able to get to the bottom of it, even after lots of testing and changing of settings.

I’ve tried setting the ad unit size both within Adsense (eg. 300x250) and within the plugin (300x250) and then even using CSS to force the block to be the correct hight, but it still occurs.