I’ve stumbled upon a bug which is related to the adplugin whereby it displays two adverts at the top of the screen on mobile (desktop is not affected) and it only goes away if you reload the page via the browser refresh button.
Tested on iOS16.3.1 with Safari and also with Chrome 110.0.5481.x
Steps to replicate:
- Start a new private / incognito browser session
- Go to a Discourse site using the adplugin
– you can use the site on my profile to see this bug in action
- Accept all the cookie consent banner, consent to the Google ads, close the versatile banner theme to reveal the site
What should happen:
- One advert should be displayed at the top of the mobile screen
– like this:
What actually happens:
- Two adverts are displayed at the top of the screen
– like this:
The only way to get rid of the two adverts, and make it only show one advert, is to press the browser reload button (on Safari and Chrome).
No amount of browsing the forum, or pressing the site logo, will remove the two adverts.
This issue only occurs on mobile, I cannot replicate on desktop.
My adplugin settings are simply my ad unit code in every single box, and I’ve changed them all to be Responsive (the ad unit is also set to responsive on Adsense itself).