Searching for unassigned topics

Hey all,

Our support team works in a high-volume category, and sometimes topics get lost in the shuffle without being assigned to an agent.

I’m hoping to find a way to search for unassigned topics in a category so we can always be sure that no topics are left unassigned. Is there a way to do this? It doesn’t look like anyone has asked this here before, and I couldn’t figure out a search filter to make it happen, either.

Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

There isn’t a filter for ‘assigned’, or ‘not-assigned’ on the Discourse advanced search page. It has been asked for previously though: What is advanced search magic filter to see assigned topics and messages?. Maybe that is something that we should look into again.

If the Data Explorer plugin is installed on your site, we could probably help to come up with a query that would return unassigned topics. The built in “List of assigned topics by user” Data Explorer query would be a good starting point for that query.

5 Likes

Thanks for following up, Simon – I haven’t had the chance to nail down a query for this, but it looks like I won’t have to. :tada:

Much appreciated!

2 Likes

One thing you can do right now is enable the ‘unassigned’ filter for a category:

That will give you a new ‘unassigned’ tab at the top:

Screenshot 2020-08-21 at 09.07.20

5 Likes

Whoa! The query params that filter generates are…exactly what I was looking for. :laughing:

Adding the filter would be a little too heavy-handed – we’d rather it be visible to staff only – but adding ?assigned=nobody&status=open to the URL is totally fine for us. Thanks again.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.