Self voting on topics

Hello all :slight_smile:
Is it possible to not allow users to vote on their own topics? If not, is it one of future features, something you plan to implement?
Thank you

Can you possibly expand on the problem?

Or is it just a preference that users to be unable to vote on their own stuff? If all users have the option to vote on their own posts isn’t that equal and fair?

1 Like

If I opened a new topic, I don’t think I should have the option to vote up (or down if the feature will be implemented) my own topic. Only other users should have the option to vote my topic. It does make sense to allow user to vote his own topic. Also, that how it works on other forums like StackOverflow and Quora :slight_smile:
Thank you for your reply :smiley:

I don’t see why you shouldn’t be able to for your own topic. By not voting for your own topic, doesn’t that seem like you’re not sure if it is good? Even politicians vote for themselves. :wink: If you have an even number of people vote on a topic (without you voting) and it comes out a tie, then your own vote would be the tie-breaker. JMHO.

Why should only other users be allowed to vote on your topic and be allowed to vote on their own, and you can’t? This sounds like you’re penalizing yourself because you are a Mod or Admin. Doesn’t sound fair to you.

This is not currently planned, no.