Send email after 2 weeks to users who have not confirmed account or logged in

Hi there. Discourse currently sends summaries to users who have not logged in 1 week. Is there any way I can configure a mail to be sent to both users who have not logged in and users who have not confirmed their account within 2 weeks?

I would like it to be a custom email along the lines of, “We’re still here for you if you need support, click here to confirm your account”.

Is this possible? I can’t see an option for this in the email settings.

Thank you!

There is not bulk/group email to send out, but there is a way to resend the activation email from a user’s account:

Are you finding there are many accounts not being confirmed? If so, it may indicate a different issue; perhaps the initial email is not being seen? :thinking:

1 Like

I suspect that if they haven’t confirmed their account in an hour are never going to respond. Sending them more emails when they have failed to indicate that they want them doesn’t seem like a good idea.

1 Like

That would be my thought, too.

If you go ahead with this, I would suggest explicitly mentioning that 1) further unsolicited emails won’t be sent, and, 2) the account will automatically be deleted if it is not eventually used. *

* obviously this is assuming that’s actually the case, which I believe it is with the default settings

1 Like

Thanks all - I won’t go ahead with unconfirmed users. But I would like to send 1 email to users who haven’t logged in yet just reminding them that we’re here - is that possible?

There is no automated way to send out email to unconfirmed users. However, you could extract that information and send email using a different system. You could use the Discourse API, or possibly a Data Explorer query, to provide a list of email addresses of new users who signed up in the last week but have not confirmed.

I’d also note, there are integrated tools that provide this kind of task running, where you track a user’s path through your site. In this case the external tool would automate the process I described above.

1 Like