Hello everyone! I would like to submit a bug.
Reproduced on v2.4.5, v2.5.0.
- Create a post with a video/audio upload in it.
- I have tested it with secure media upload, but should be reproduced with not secure media.
- Start edit the post.
- Open browser’s developer console. Optionally, set filter for upload API.
- Wait for all requests finished and clear console.
Steps to reproduce
- Type anything in left(editing) area.
- Check browser’s dev console.
- Every keystroke is considered change so simplify typing is constantly creating video upload events.
- A lot of changes will cause sending massive of requests, then denying requests because of API Rate Limit and auto signing out of forum.
- No requests for audio/video upload while editing post
See the gif:
Note about the bug:
This line produces the bug. It calls load function of <video>/<audio> DOM element each time on preview rendering, in fact each time of a post change.