Set specific categories as homepage for specific users groups?

Hi,

I want to set spesific categories as homepage for spesific users groups. It is possible?

If users mute categories they are removed from latest, so you can just mute the categories you don’t want on the particular users.

2 Likes

@sam in a situation where there are several hundred categories on the site, and a user would like to mute many categories (in order to really refine his Latest view)… is there a way to efficiently select and add (let’s say) several dozen categories to the Muted section? In fact this question can apply to the Watching, Tracking sections also.

3 Likes

I need a more specific solution. I want to make that system automatic for groups users. (Our users join the group automatically according to their mail address.)

@mcwumbly has talked about this in the past there is a proposal out there for a UX change to make it easy but no concrete plans yet to implement

2 Likes

It’s not well-documented, but here is a theme component that allows changing the home page for different groups: https://github.com/pfaffman/discourse-custom-homepage-for-groups

3 Likes