Set up Slack notifications using the discourse-chat-integration plugin

Digging into the code, it looks like Create post for category and tag changes site setting needs to be enabled for these tag changes to picked up.

Another note, the Tag added to topic rule will not cause a chat message to go out if the topic already contains one of the tags specified in the tags list.
So in this case:

• tags list for the rule is how-to, admin
  • the topic is tagged with how-to already
    ā†’ you add the admin tag.

No chat message is sent out.

Iā€™m wondering if that dropdown option of Tag added to topic should not even show up in the list if the site setting Create post for category and tag changes is disabled. I could see it still being in the list but there being a prominent visual indicator showing that it will have no effect unless the setting is enabled.

Let me know how that works for you!

1 Like

hey @markvanlan

That setting did it. I gotta admit it is super misleading that that setting is there instead of where I would expect it to be which is somewhere in the chat integration section.

Regardless will keep that in mind, thanks for the help! :heartbeat:

We have started using this plugin which works great

e.g., jumpToCenter is not working in new segmentation mode - Support - Open Health Imaging Foundation

My question is, whether there is a setting that I can hide usernames? or just say anonymous1 and anonymous2

Thanks for a great plugin. Works like a charm.

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but it would be great to be able to customize the messages that are posted to Slack. Having the category, and all the tags, and the username and name all gets a bit wordy and it would be great to be able to customize this.

Thanks again.

2 Likes