Setting up a cluster?

Hei folks,

I’d like to setup a cluster (two nodes running discourse) for high availibitly and load balancing.
How do setup such a cluster?

Thanks,
Jan

2 Likes

See the install docs at https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/docs/INSTALL.md which cover the advanced install. Basically you deploy multiple containers in the web role talking to a database container.

Hello,

thanks for your feedback. I read the manual before, but some thinks are not clear to me, yet :-/

• If each cluster-node is running its own database - how are they supposed to be synched? Using Message Queuing, Postgres-Clustering or else?
  • What is the reason for using Docker here? How does the App-environment interactv with my Host System? How is resonsible for patching requirements?

Thanks, yanosz

Should I setup one shared redis for all web nodes, or setup multiply redis for each node separately ?

You need one central Redis. Redis isn’t (just) used as a cache for Discourse; it also acts as a message broker for all the MessageBus traffic, so if you had one Redis per node, things would get… weird. And broken.

8 Likes