Share your feedback about updated notification menu!

There’s a setting for this if you want to try it out - show user menu avatars

10 Likes

I prefer the “dot” on the right style, cause the little cue on the left is easy to miss and the zebra striping of link styles is not ideal.

A simple blue dot also aligns with “new” on the home page so it ties the design together.

1 Like

Looks fantastic, great job :+1: Just implemented this in my forum

Day 2, and I’m finding it very hard to read the titles of my notifications. My eyes, just want to go hard left where my brain expects the text to begin.

Would it be possible to create a user preference option to flip the avatars to the right of the title?

@simon to move the “knife” lower :wink:

.user-menu.show-avatars li.notification a .icon-avatar__icon-wrapper {
  top: 0.9em;
}

@Tris20 to swap the side of the avatar:

.user-menu .quick-access-panel li:not(.show-all) a {
    display: flex;
    flex-direction: row-reverse;
    div {
        width:100%;
    }
}
4 Likes

Thanks for providing this solution :heart: It will work great on my own instance, unfortunately it’s the notifcations on Meta itself that I’m struggling to navigate

4 Likes

is it possible to achieve that by css?

2 Likes

I like the new format but while we are on the topic of notifications : I find it annoying that when I approve a new post to a channel (and in our set up all posts require approval), I also get a notification of the new post in the notifications area. This then requires me to dismiss it to get my notifications down to zero. It would be better if approving a post also removed the notification of the post. Hope that makes sense Thanks

1 Like

Looks cool! Love the update.

Maybe instead of the settings icon you could take Discord’s approach which is better imo
IMG_1111

To be honest I much prefer the current implementation over this. Looks nicer and decreases the clutter on the text

2 Likes

That’s an interesting suggestion. I think it would make more sense to place the avatar, instead of the icon, next to the username. This way, the notification type is highlighted, which I find more important than the user. Also, showing the username and avatar together feels like a more logical combination to me.

2 Likes

I’ve got an alternative:

Instead of the usernames being displayed in the notification (I think that these add quite a bit of unnecessary text clutter), how about simply having this available via a hover - with the user card appearing if the avatar is clicked?

2 Likes