Shortcut for strikethrough when composing text?

Is there a shortcut for strikethrough (example) when composing text? Or a way to create one?

There is a shortcut for bolding and italics, but nothing for strikethrough. I need to manualy type ~~ around the word like this: ~~example~~.

In other places, the shortcut is Command + Shift + X but here in Discourse that changes the direction of the text window.

3 Likes

Hi @donaldsoncd :wave: A strike through composer button is part of this very useful theme component by @Steven :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for flagging this potential option, @Lilly! I’d prefer a shortcut for myself, but a button maybe be a good start for some of my forum’s users that don’t know the markdown convention.

1 Like

An existing topic with other related info and methods:

2 Likes

also this is just a strike through button theme component by itself

2 Likes

@donaldsoncd I think I understand that what you are seeking is a way to create Keyboard Shortcuts such as Command + Shift + X to apply to other available standard formatting while writing in the composer?

Or perhaps being able to create your own collection of keyboard shortcuts specific to your Discourse site as a Theme Component would be neat.

2 Likes

Adding a shortcut to a component that adds a composer button may be possible.

Maybe this file could help?

(all Composer shortcuts start with Ctrl)

1 Like

Yes, this is what I meant and would like more than a dedicated button at this time :slight_smile:

I’m not savvy enough to add anything via code, but thank you!

1 Like