Show categories without selector

Hello, I would like to be able to show the categories without the selector and below them show the recent topics precisely like this site: https://forums.wyzecam.com.
The following image shows how in the mentioned forum the categories appear without the selector.

The selector appears just after the categories and shows recent topics.

My doubt is rather if there is already a theme component or plugin that can do this or is it something customized from the same site, I checked that on said site they apparently use “Showcased Categories”.

(Sorry I didn’t know what category to put this question in.
I also did not find anything related in the search, so I dare to ask.)

2 Likes

That’s for the two columns at the very top:

Another thing, they have desktop category page style set to Boxes with some CSS styling. You may find this useful:

1 Like

That’s for the two columns at the very top:

Yes, I chose to remove it since I don’t think it’s necessary in my forum.

Another thing, they have desktop category page style set to Boxes with some CSS styling. You may find this useful:

Yes, I did so, set it to “boxes”.
What you propose seems fine to me but I don’t really like editing code since I really think there may be a good “theme-component” for it, in fact I installed a theme-component but it doesn’t fit inside the main content, making it really look out of place (ugly).
Can someone tell me where I can make the component appear inside the dark color container?

it’d be helpful to know what component did you install

it’d be helpful to know what component did you install

Sorry I forgot to mention the components is “Featured Categories Header”, but I realized that it also requires many modifications, for example I cannot put a title, if I add more categories they end up filling the entire width of the forum, they do not fit like in the wyze forum, so if you could advise me some other component or plugin would be very grateful.

It seems to me that featured categories are in separate div container than the dark color one. You could try using CSS to add background to the categories header, if you wish. The relevant classes are highlighted by the author of theme component.

I haven’t seen a theme component that’d fit your description, but it shouldn’t be surprising: people have very different design choices. I think your best option would be either modifying HTML/CSS yourself or going to #marketplace and asking someone else to do it for you.