Showcased Categories

I used this method of category choice in order to prevent user-error’s in manually typing in the category ID or category slug.

There is a subtle text description showing to choose only ONE category to try and prevent choosing two :smile:

I’ve got some bug (I think) with Mint theme.

If I choose preview this component on my site.com/?preview_theme_id=24 it shows the “post” button

Screen:

But when I see my MINT theme on main site, these buttons desappear:

Just to make sure, have you checked via inspector that these buttons are not there? Or are they somehow being hidden with CSS?

1 Like

Yes, I’ve checked.
No buttons on Mint theme :sob:

1 Like

Can you share a link to your site?

1 Like

Better than that, I send you a Tester user to PM/Chat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello
I wanted to add “Showcased Categories” After another component. But I am getting always it (“Showcased Categories”) on top. How can I solve it.
Thank you

1 Like

Firstly, amazing component!! Exactly what i needed!
However I have a few question:

1. Can we display more than 2 categories?
  2. For editing the positioning(choosing plug-in), it says can be done in advanced settings, where is this option :confused: ?

Hi Pinku,
If you didn’t figure out since, can you tell what is the other component you’re using along Showcased Categories?

As far as I see, there’s no option for more than two categories.

About your 2nd question, are you talking about the plugin outlet?
This is the following setting:

The description says “advanced” settings, but there’s nothing more to look for. This setting only will set the showcased categories either above the main container or below the site header.

I see, so cannot really place it below my other categories?

Currently not. The plugin outlet should have a new value, for example below-categories-only or below-discovery-categories

A pull request might be welcomed if having this component in this area seems interesting enough.
Personally, I find that putting them below the category list is a bit weird because the component is aimed to showcase, and it might be hard to find in such a remote place :smile:

1 Like

This is what I want. Even if there is a possibility of referring to the plugin outlet externally, please let me know

2 Likes

You could try the Versatile Showcase component. It’s a fork of this one and has a few more options with regard to position and list generation.

2 Likes

@jordan-vidrine Hey! Is there a possibility of adding one more plugin outlet(below the body container) for this?

1 Like

It should be possible,

So under the main content? Ie. on a categories page, under the categories. On latest, under all of the topics?

yess! as posted here.

Would be a great help, thanks

1 Like

Im sorry for my misunderstanding, but would you mind drawing a line where you’d like this to be?

I took a look at your site, but it seems there are some errors being thrown due to your custom jquery implementations and had a hard time seeing where you’d like this added.

Hey, sure.

This is where I need it.

Thanks for your help!

When installed, where do is it appear now?

I get an error when clicking the Post button without being logged in:

I guess this.router.transitionTo("login") is causing the error, but not sure what’s the correct call now?

1 Like