Sidebar categories are out of order for anonymous users

Coming back to this, I noticed today that in desktop view the categories are listed in order of selection in the side bar settings. On mobile though they are in alphabetical order. Is this intended or a bug?

3 Likes

That’d be a bug, but I’m not seeing it. If you find a way to reproduce it, let us know!

3 Likes

On desktop the categories on the meta sidebar are

Documentation
Announcements
Community

Surely not alphabetical whole on mobile they are in alphabetical order.

3 Likes

Can you share a screenshot of this incorrect ordering?

4 Likes

I think it’s only for anonymous visitors; I can see it too

5 Likes

Firefox 104.0.2 on Ubuntu

Later edit: Yep, @awesomerobot just said it, in anonymous.

3 Likes

I see alphabetical order in Hamburg menu categories on Android 9 Kiwi Browser 105, logged in:

2 Likes

yep, it’s fine when you’re logged in. just doesn’t work when you’re not (which we often refer to as “anonymous”).

1 Like

From the topic, I was not sure which order was correct and which was not.
I understood the opposite, apparently. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Can’t we have this anonymous ux as a setting? Sometimes :beetle: are fun. :grin:

I would agree. The anonymous category order is following the standard category order as I would prefer that to alphabetical.

2 Likes

I have fix for now to just sort it alphabetically like how we do for a logged in user.

I’ve set this topic to auto close in a week. For discussions on how categories to be sorted do open another topic or contribute to an existing one.

As always, thank you for taking the time in providing us with feedback :heart_eyes_cat:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.