Signup emails not sent

I have a Discourse setup, 1.6.6, stock install. Email functionality is working perfectly, except signup emails.

When I try to create a new test user in incognito mode, the email is not sent. If I try to click “Send Activation Email” as admin, it’s the same, nothing sent.

It’s not even visible in /admin/email/sent, or in skipped or bounced or rejected list. It simply disappears.

What is happening?

I had the same problem 2 weeks ago, digest email and email notifications working fine, but invite emails not received by users nor visible in Admin > Email > Sent. And no error showing in the Error Log.

Did not find where it came from, but it resolved with an upgrade to Discourse 1.7.0 beta7+27…

I really think this is a bug in 1.6.6.

I have an install customer with the same problem. It seems that rebooting helps for a while. Perhaps it’s a bug having to do with Sidekiq?

I can confirm, I’ve downgraded to 1.6.4 and the signup emails are sent again.

Sorry, it was not a downgrade, the version is still the same. So it must have been the same restart temporary fix as you’ve mentioned.

Ended up upgrading to v1.7.0.beta7 +98, won’t be able to help debugging this issue.

Should be fixed on v1.6.7

2 Likes