So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

Just a little mini-announcement to say that it’s my last week as community-moderator this week.

But not to fear, I shall be leaving you in the very capable hands of @hugh who will be standing in until a more permanent replacement can be found. :partying_face: :raised_hands:

Thanks to everyone for making meta a really enjoyable place to work, and especially to those who have helped me out along the way. :slight_smile:

I shall likely return in a non-mod capacity at some point, but until then…

107 Likes

May thanks for all your efforts! Moderation is difficult and often under-appreciated. One of those things where the better it’s done, the less it’s visible.

27 Likes

Thanks for all your work!

22 Likes

@JammyDodger, thank you so much for everything. I think I can speak for everyone saying that you’ll be missed :saluting_face:

So long, and best of luck in your future endeavors!

23 Likes

You will be missed @JammyDodger , you were (are) an excellent community moderator.
Thank you for everything you did and for making Meta even better!

28 Likes

Thanks for all your help over the years, appreciate you, good luck with the future from all of us at vaping community :saluting_face:

17 Likes

Sad news. You did a great job here. Always very active. Sorry for the extra work I gave you sometimes.

I wish you the best for all your projects.

16 Likes

Everything has its place and time. So, happy journey when moving forward.

Hopefully, your successor will be as patient with me as you have been :face_with_peeking_eye:

20 Likes

Thanks, Jammy, for everything! Your presence, dedication, patience, and kindness made a significant positive difference on Meta. Your moderation skills within the community are top-notch. Many times, I appreciated how well you made Meta an enjoyable place by brilliantly handling all the details.

You have made a considerable impact on me personally, particularly in how you approach problems and communicate with others. I won’t forget that.

I look forward to seeing you again and wish you all the best in the future. :clap: :hugs:

21 Likes

You’ve been an absolute pleasure to work with, Jammy! Patient, responsive, reliable, innovative, willing to take risks when the situation called for it… all while managing to be kind, clear, and encouraging.

I’ve witnessed the community here on meta experience a significant lift during your tenure, and you are leaving it in much better shape due to your good efforts. All the best going forwards!!!

23 Likes

Thank you! Thank you for your hard work and your skillful communications. I developed a lot of confidence in you which has made me feel more confident and safer in this community!

Best wishes, and hoping to see you again along the path!

19 Likes

That’s about the best compliment anyone could give a Community Manager. Nicely said.

James is going to leave a big hole. :face_holding_back_tears:

22 Likes

Thank you boss,I love you :heart:

14 Likes

Absolutely! A lot of hard work was put into tidying everything up. I love the way Documentation etc is now. :heart:

Thank you for all the hard work you put into the community Jammy! You’ll be missed, hope to see you back at some point :discourse: :heart_decoration:

17 Likes

You’re so helpful and understanding (in all senses).

Without people like you and @pfaffman (and secretly @itsbhanusharma ), it’d be a very lonely and barren land to me.

May you reappear, may be in some other incarnation, in this space.

13 Likes

@JammyDodger You’ve been a massive help and done a very good job here on Meta. The good example you’ve set has strongly influenced how we moderate our own instance, meaning you’ve had a significant impact in the automotive world, as well as Meta.

I hope your next endeavour gives you back as much as you’ve given us :heart:

16 Likes

Wow. I’ll miss you. You’ve done a great job here and learned so very much so quickly.

18 Likes

Thank you very much for being so nice

12 Likes

Thank you very much for your moderator duties here @JammyDodger - you were awesome! Good luck with your future business! :+1:

9 Likes