Solved Button Plugin

What will this do to existing topics in a category? I’m guessing the answer is “nothing”, in which case:

Allow bulk-application of Solved widget for existing topics

For my forum, our old Troubleshooting topics shouldn’t be left out of this functionality. Many users still land on old topics when searching for answers to already solved problems, and if these topics don’t have a Solved/Unsolved status, it will be confusing.

We’d like to automatically mark all our existing Troubleshooting topics as “Solved”, which will have further implications on the spec:

Can a Topic be “Solved” without an answer?

• The poster might have solved the problem themselves shortly thereafter and edited in the answer.
  • The question/point is considered void/mute. As such, “Solved” is more appropriate since it’s not a real problem and it communicates that there’s nothing unresolved about this subject.
  • A large amount of legacy topics - of which 90% have good answers - should be marked Solved

What about OP reverting the Topic’s status to “Unsolved”? I think this should be possible to allow via settings. We trust our users to be good citizens and only revert the Solved status with probable cause.