Sorting Categories within Categories

I’m having trouble trying to figure out how to sort categories within categories (similar to what they’re doing here: https://discuss.codecademy.com/c/Codecademy-Community-Lounge). I’d have to have a few subcategories “pinned” to the top of the category page, but when I create a subcategory it doesn’t seem to do that. Is there a special way of doing this? I understand how to sort categories on the main page, but can’t figure out how to sort them within category pages.

That is done by the category settings -

You can also sort them manually by going to your admin settings and looking for

fixed category positions

If checked, you will be able to arrange categories into a fixed order. If unchecked, categories are listed in order of activity.

fixed category positions on create

If checked, category ordering will be maintained on topic creation dialog (requires fixed_category_positions).

You can then reorder them via the categories page and where you create a new category you can reorder them

3 Likes

Interesting…I don’t have that checkbox.

what version are you on?

If your not sure you can see from your admin area or view source of your forum

I just signed up about a week ago, so I’d imagine whatever the latest version is.

I did get it to show up though! Refreshed it a bunch of times and eventually it showed up. :slight_smile: Thanks for your help!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.